Back up Microsoft Outlook data. If you have changed your backup file selection or moved your Microsoft Data File to a different location, verify that the file is included in your backup file selection. For the default location of your Microsoft Data File, see Outlook File Locations below.
After the release of Mac Outlook 2011, emailing for Mac user has been made easier. It has lots of features that makes emailing suitable for every Mac user. But the corruption and data loss is happening frequently when the size of Mac database increases or with some other reason. To avoid the fear of loosing important mail data in a data loss situation, I prefer to backup Outlook 2011 to PST, because PST file is supported by both Mac and Windows OS. So I can easily access my data in any machine, incase any disaster happens.
Generally, We need to Backup Outlook 2011 to PST in two Situations:
1. Either you want to create a backup of your Mac Outlook 2011 in your Local machine, so that you can recover your data if it gets damaged or corrupted.
2. Or you want to transfer your selected Mac Outlook data from one Mac System to Windows Operating systems. For that you have to convert your Mac Outlook 2011 database file to PST.
Steps to Export the Backup of Outlook 2011 to PST:
1. Export the Mac database file from Outlook 2011
2. Convert Outlook 2011 to PST file Format.
5 Steps total
Step 1: Open the Outlook 2011, Click on the “File” from the top menu and Go to “Export” option.
Step 2: Select “Outlook for Mac Data file (.olm)”. Check the other boxes according to the requirement.
Step 3: Choose whether you want to delete the mail items from Outlook 2011 after exporting the data. Then click the right arrow.
Step 4: Now enter the name of the backup file and select the location to save resultant file. And click on “Save”.
Step 5: Convert Backup Outlook 2011 to PST File Format:
According to my experience the Manual process of exporting Mac Outlook 2011 data to PST is very time consuming and require some technical skills otherwise you can lose your important data. So I would like to suggest you to use a third party tool there is lots of Tool available in the Market. One tool which I would like to Suggest you is OLM to PST Converter, you can use this tool for the conversion process. This tool has simple GUI, users can easily understand and use this tool. It have ability to Convert large size Mac Outlook database file to PST within a minute.
- OLM to PST Converter
- HabaneroRupesh (Lepide) Aug 2, 2016 at 11:44am
You can store / convert Outlook 2011 Mac OLM file into an Outlook PST file format using Kernel for OLM to PST Converter tool. It is an automated solution to convert OLM file to MBOX, EML, DBX, MSG, TXT, RTF, web based email clients, etc. It has so many salient features like one can generate Analysis report with different parameters. To know more about the tool, visit http://www.nucleustechnologies.com/olm-to-pst.html
- ChipotleAdom (Aryson Technologies) May 22, 2019 at 07:36am
You can also try a professional solution to complete this task in an easy way.
- Thai PepperPriyal (Stellar Info Tech) May 24, 2019 at 05:09am
Instead of opting for complex manual method of converting Outlook for Mac 2011 to Outlook PST, you can take help of 3-step solution- Select, Convert, Save/Import. Stellar Converter for OLM software (https://www.stellarinfo.com/email-tools/olm-to-pst-converter.php) converts mailbox items such as Inbox, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, and Notes etc. from Outlook for Mac data file (OLM) to Microsoft Outlook data file (PST). You can see preview of the complete mailbox, while saving as a PST, you can save it as a completely new PST file (each mailbox as individual PST or as a single PST), or append the PST into an existing PST file.
Did you recently get a new Outlook email account, or switch from one computer to a new machine? Want to transfer Outlook mail, contacts, calendar, notes or other data to your new account or computer?
If you created an Outlook backup file using a PC (.pst file), this simple process will help you import all your data.
Note: Unfortunately, Outlook 2016 for Windows does not support backups created using Outlook for Mac (.olm files), according to Microsoft, so you cannot import Outlook backups created on an Apple computer into the Windows software.
New Outlook For Mac
How to import an Outlook backup .pst file
- Open your Outlook 2016 for Windows desktop app.
- Click the File tab at the top-left of the screen.
Scroll down the blue vertical column along the left side of your display and choose Open & Export.
- Click the Import/Export box, which is the third box from the top. It contains one blue arrow and one green arrow, pointing in opposite directions.
When you see the Import and Export Wizard pop-up box, select Import from another program or file.
- Click Next.
Choose Outlook Data File (.pst).
- Click Next.
- Hit the Browse button and navigate to the location where your .pst Outlook data file is stored.
Select your backup file and click Open.
Next you see options that let you manage duplicate items, if you already saved Outlook backup archives in the past.
- Replace duplicates with items imported overwrites any existing duplicate data with the new data
- Allow duplicates to be created does not overwrite any existing data and imports new data, even if it's the same.
Do not import duplicates detects duplicate information and does not import any data that already exist.
- Choose the option you want and hit Next.
Select the folder you want to import.
If you want to import all the contents of the .pst backup, select Outlook Data File.
- If you only want to import a specific folder within the .pst file, click the arrow-shaped caret to the left of the word Outlook Data File to open a drop-down menu with a list of folders to choose from. (Note: You can only import one individual folder from the drop-down menu at a time.)
Use the Filter button below the vertical menu options to access advanced import filtering features. You could, for example, use the filter to import only messages include the words 'Windows Central.' Or you could choose to import only your unread messages
- Ensure the Include subfolders box is checked, unless you do not want to import all subfolders within a selected folder.
- Choose where you want to the new data to live, via the Import items into the current folder or Import items in the same folder in: options.
- If you select the Import items in the same folder in: option, you must choose the Outlook account you want to import to from the drop-down menu below that option.
- When you've selected all the settings you want and are ready to import, click Finish.
- Go get a steaming cup of coffee (or a chilly beer), sit back and relax. The import process could take a while, depending on the size of your .pst backup file.
For more Office for Windows tutorials, check out:
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.UH OH
Backup Microsoft Outlook Mac Excel
Microsoft may have delayed Windows 10X and Surface Neo beyond 2020
Microsoft's upcoming Windows 10X and Surface Neo products may not be shipping in time for the holiday after all, according to a new report from ZDNet's Mary-Jo Foley. This means that other Windows 10X devices from third-party manufactures also won't be launching at the end of this year like originally planned. Microsoft's dual-screen Windows 10X effort has been put on pause.