Office 365 is a leading cloud-based collaboration suite with Office application and other productive services offered by Microsoft. It is based on SaaS architecture, it means the delivery of software in terms of subscription plans rather than purchasing the entire software.
Launched in 2011, it is a successor of Microsoft Business Productivity Online Suite, originally aimed for corporate users. As of now, MS Office 365 hits 200 million active users/month as per the report of Microsoft FY20 Q1 result. Therefore, we are going to compare all Microsoft Office 365 plans and tells you What is included in every Office 365 plan.
This article helps you to answer the following questions –
- What does Microsoft Office 365 Business Premium include ?
- What does Office 365 Business Essentials include ?
- What is in Office 365 Enterprise Subscription Plan ?
- Does Office 365 Home include Skype for Business ?
- What does Office 365 Home include?
- What is included in Microsoft Office 365 Personal?
Jun 12, 2013 Tech support scams are an industry-wide issue where scammers trick you into paying for unnecessary technical support services. You can help protect yourself from scammers by verifying that the contact is a Microsoft Agent or Microsoft Employee and that the phone number is an official Microsoft global customer service number. Office 365 Home trial includes premium and mobile versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, advanced security, and more for up to six people. You can purchase Office 365 subscriptions for both Mac and Windows. Office Home & Business 2019 or Office Home & Student 2019 are also available for Mac as a one-time purchase. Office applications available for a Mac are Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote.
So, let’s begin!
Now, Look Forward In Write-Up
This comprehensive guide explains the following arenas;
What Can I Get With Office 365?
Originally, Microsoft Office 365 offers three plans for users and they are mentioned below:
- Office 365 For Home
- Office 365 For Business
- Office 365 For Enterprise
To get a better understanding of all plans, here is a tabular representation of each plan category.
What Is Included In Microsoft Office 365 Home ?
Office 365 For home has three different variants – Home , Personal , and Office Home & Student. All of them are described here.
Comparison Between All Three Plans of O365 Home
|Parameters||Office 365 Home||Office 365 Personal||Office 365 Home & Student|
|Office Apps||Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher(PC only), Access(PC only)||Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher (for PC only), Access (for PC only)||Word, Excel, PowerPoint|
|Service Included||OneDrive, Skype||OneDrive, Skype||Not included|
|Storage||6 TB (1 TB for per person)||1 TB||Not included|
|OS Support||Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android||Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android||Only for 1 PC|
|Usage||Up to 6 People||1 Person||1 PC / Mac|
|How to buy||Yearly Subscription||Yearly Subscription||One-time Purchase|
|OneDrive Personal Vault||Included||Included||Not included|
What Additional Features Available in O365 Home Series?
All of the described features are available in Office 365 Home & Office 365 Personal plans except O365 Home & Student plan.
Advanced Features of Office 365 Home & Office 365 Personal
- Automatic Backup – You can easily create a backup of your photos, document, etc from the PC using OneDrive PC folder backup option.
- Security – This feature helps you to protect your files and photo against the digital attack and availability of Ransomware Detection and Recovery in OneDrive.
- OneDrive Vault- Office 365 gives you a personal vault in OneDrive. It is a very secured area that can only access with strong authentication method or other ways of identification such as fingerprint, face, PIN which added an extra layer of protection and keeps your Documents, Photos, and Videos safe.
- Collaborate & Sharing in Real-Time- You can share and edit documents at the same time in the presence of internet connection.
- Database Management- Easy to create and manage database for projects whether it is big or small, with Access application.
What is Included in MS O365 For Business Plan?
Likewise, Office 365 Home, the Office 365 for Business is classifiedinto three different plans that comprise different features.
- Office 365 Business Essentials
- Office 365 Business Premium
- Office 365 Business
Compare Office 365 Business Plans
|Parameters||Office 365 Business||Office 365 Business Premium||Office 365 Business Essentials|
|Price (annual commitment )||$8.25 user/month||$12.50 user/month||$5.00 user/month|
|Office Apps||Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher (for PC only), Access (for PC only)||Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher (for PC only), Access (for PC only)||Web & Mobile versions only|
|Service(s) Included||OneDrive||Exchange, OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams||Exchange, OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams|
|Storage||1 TB||1 TB||1 TB|
|OS Support||Windows, Mac OS(two most recent version of Mac OS)||Windows, Mac OS(two most recent version of Mac OS)||Windows, Mac OS(two most recent version of Mac OS)|
|Usage||300 Users||300 Users||300 Users|
What’s New Included in MS Office 365 Business Plans – Additional Features
Office 365 Business:-
- Support For Multiple Devices- You can install Office 365 apps on multiple PCs, Macs, tablets, and Mobile device(including Windows, iOS and Android)
- Digital Storytelling- You can easily create engaging, interactive, web-based reports, presentations, newsletter, training and more.
- Cloud Storage- With 1 TB of storage, you can edit and share documents, photos and more from anywhere, on all your devices.
- Monthly Updates- Get always up-to-date versions of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint for Windows or Mac.
Office 365 Business Premium:-
- Intelligent Search- Capable to discover content and expertise across all your data sources including SharePoint, Delve, and Office apps with intelligent search.
- Work Across Multiple Devices– Office 365 facilitates the user to download & install Office apps on multiple OS like Android, Windows OS, and iOS.
- Workflow Automation- You can easily create workflows between apps and services to get a notification, files synchronization, collect data, and more with Power Automate(No coding required).
- Collaboration- You can easily access everything with your teams including chat, content, tools, and people with Microsoft Teams.
- Instant messaging- Communicate with friends and family using text, voice, or video calls with Microsoft Teams.
Office Business Essentials :-
- Email and calendars- Get a business-class email with 50 GB of mailbox per user and send attachments up to 150 GB.
- Instant messaging- Chat, Meet, and collaboration with Microsoft Teams. Plus, the availability of messaging, voice calls, video calls in one app. As well as you can do video conferencing for up to 250 people with Skype for Business.
- Cloud Storage- Get 1 TB of OneDrive storage to store data.
What is Included in Office 365 Enterprise Plans For Business?
Office 365 also has enterprise plans for businesses. It is a comprehensive, intelligent solution majorly used by the Enterprises. But, it can be seen that these O365 plans are also used by medium-size organizations too that want most advanced security.
Microsoft Office 365 For Mac
There are four plans included in Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise and all of them mentioned below:
- Office 365 ProPlus
- Office 365 E1
- Office 365 E3
- Office 365 E5
Compare Microsoft 365 Enterprise Plans
|Parameters||Office 365 ProPlus||Office 365 E1||Office 365 E3||Office 365 E5|
|Office Apps||Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher (for PC only), Access (for PC only)||Not included||Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher (for PC only), Access (for PC only)||Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher (for PC only), Access (for PC only)|
|Service(s) Included||OneDrive||Exchange, OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams,Yammer, Stream||Exchange, OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams,Yammer, Stream||Exchange, OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams,Yammer, Stream, Power BI|
|Storage||1 TB||1 TB||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|OS Support||Windows, Mac OS(two most recent version of Mac OS)||Windows, Mac OS(three most recent version of Mac OS)||Windows, Mac OS(three most recent version of Mac OS)||Windows, Mac OS(two most recent version of Mac OS)|
Additional Features Available in Office 365 Enterprise
In Office 365 E1 & E3 Subscription Plans:-
- Hub for teamwork- With this functionality, it is easy to connect the teams in Office 365. It is a place where chat, content, people, and tool available at a one place. One can use the Microsoft Teams to create schedules, tasks, and establish a connection with other applications.
- Automated workflow- You can create the automated workflow between apps and services to receive notifications, synchronize files, collect data and more.
- Storage- Get unlimited storage to save your photos, documents, and other things too.
- Video Service- This feature lets you to create, manage and share videos within your organization in a secure manner.
In Office 365 E5 Plan:-
- Security With Threat Intelligence– The MS Office 365 E5 provides advanced threat protection which helps users to protect against threats in Emails, Attachments, and Link.
- Online meeting- Broadcast meetings online for up to 10,000 people who just join a browser.
- Storage- Get unlimited storage to store and share your photos, documents.
- Modern Voice with Phone System- Able to receive and transfer business calls in office, at home or on the road using phone without the need of traditional phone system.
- Business Intelligence- The Office 365 Enterprise has the capabilities of BI, which is integrated into Excel & SharePoint Online. This service let you to collect data, visualize data and empower the employees to make decisions with confidence.
Above all, there is one downside associated with Office 365. It does not provide any option for the data backup. So, users have this question in the mind – Does Microsoft Backup Office 365 ?
The answer is NO
Also, Microsoft clearly states that – We are not liable for any loss. So, it is recommended that you regularly backup your content and data that you store on the services or store using Third-Party Apps and Services.
Therefore, it is recommended to use Systools software for Office 365 backup to keep a local copy of emails, contacts, and calendars on Windows as well as Mac Operating System in popular file formats. Moreover, the software just costs $19. Thus, whenever you are going to purchase any Office 365 plans always include the backup solution in your system to protect the data from potential threats.
Related:- Why it is necessary to backup Office 365 ?
The demo version is also available which has complete functionalities with some limitation and you can download the free version from the below links –
Let’s Sum Up
Always choose a plan which fulfils all the requirements of your business. Therefore, we have illustrated information about What is included in Microsoft Office 365 Home, Business, Enterprise Subscription plans in detail. So, one can easily analyze which subscription plan is best for the firm.
Microsoft Office 365 Home Support
Comments are closed.