Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop L5V-00001 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse: This wireless keyboard and mouse are designed to encourage good hand and wrist posture. The keyboard has a split dome shape to fit the curve of your hands, and the mouse's raised design allows you to keep your wrist in a more comfortable, natural position. Most of the best keyboards around are unfortunately PC-based. However, there’s absolutely no difference between a PC keyboard and a Mac keyboard other than the key labels and some slight positioning. Before I purchased my Logitech keyboard, I was using a Microsoft Ergonomic keyboard.
Mac equivalents of Windows keys
Many of the keys that you'd see on a PC have equivalent keys on an Apple keyboard.
Windows logo: Press Command (⌘).
Backspace or Delete: Press Delete.
Enter or ⏎: Press Return.
Alt (left): Press Option (⌥).
Alt GR (right): Press Option + Control.
Applications: This key isn't available on Apple keyboards.
Microsoft Wireless Keyboard Compatible With Mac Pro
Use the On-Screen Keyboard for other functions
If your Apple keyboard doesn't include the following keys, you can recreate them in Windows using the On-Screen Keyboard.
Use the Snipping Tool to print screen
To recreate the Print Screen and Print Active Window function in Windows, use the Snipping Tool.
If your keyboard isn't working as expected in Windows
If your Apple keyboard works as expected in macOS but not in Windows, try these solutions:
- Install the latest Apple software updates for Windows.
- Install the latest Windows support software.
- If you're using Microsoft Windows 10 N, install the latest Media Feature Pack.
- Microsoft provides a keyboard mapping article that describes using a Windows keyboard with macOS.
- Use Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator to find key combinations for the unique characters used by the language and region your Apple keyboard is designed to support:
- Download, install, and open the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator.
- Choose File > Load Existing Keyboard.
- Select the keyboard you want to see.
- Find the country or region name in the keyboard list that's followed by '(Apple)'.
- Follow the instructions provided with the app. You can print images of the keyboard, including what keys look like when holding modifiers like Shift, Option, or Fn.