Jan 18, 2020 How to Insert a Hyperlink in Microsoft Word. You can insert links in your Word document to pictures, music files, video files folders and even web pages. Your links can be pictures, text or any other object in your document.
- In Word 2007, click the Microsoft Office Button, click Word Options, and then click Display. In Word 2003 and in Word 2002, click Options on the Tools menu, and then click the View tab. To correct this problem, install the program that is associated with the document type that is specified in the hyperlink.
- Feb 19, 2014 Having problems inserting hyperlinks into a word doc ebook on my Mac Word 2011. Tried all variations of the insert hyperlinks but just keep getting message Unable to open - Cannot locate the internet server or proxy server.
- Jun 07, 2018 Adding hyperlinks to your Word document is an easy way to give your readers quick access to information on the web or in another part of a document without having to include that content right on the page. Let’s look at how to insert, manage, and delete different kinds of hyperlinks in your Word documents.
Microsoft Word 16.33 LATEST
macOS 10.13 High Sierra or later
Author / Product:
Microsoft Corporation / Microsoft Word for Mac
Microsoft Word for Mac 2020 full offline installer setup for Mac
Microsoft Word Free for macOS is available both in standalone and bundled form inside MS Office. Any of those versions brings access to a wide array of text editing, formatting, collaboration and publishing tools suitable for the needs of every user. Its capabilities are suitable for everything from creating and formatting basic text documents, to organizing business documents and managing enterprise workflow. With hundreds of millions of daily users, the MS Word Free relies on easy sharing and unified document structure, which includes document types such as *.doc, *.docx and *.dotx.
Installation and Use
Microsoft Word is an extensive application that requires comprehensive installation package, which will extract app on your Mac and integrate it deeply with the functionality of your OS (especially if you are using the Windows 10). The user interface of the latest MS Word does not step out of tradition, providing large canvas for word editing and a tabbed interface on the top that hold the majority of the app’s tools separated in ten main sections – File (handling of opening and saving of files, exporting, sharing and printing), Home (basic text formatting tools), Insert (home of chart, picture, table, text box and comment tools), Design, Layout, References, Mailings, Review, View and Help. Similarly, like other MS office apps, the functionality of MS Word can be enhanced with standalone plugins, making your daily workflow even more optimized. Add-ons can cover various functionalities, including expanding on the core capabilities of the program, like adding a brand-new spellchecker, file converter, workload timer, diagram creators, text-to-speech, plagiarism checkers and many others.
Features and Highlights
- Effortless text document management – Manage creation, editing, exporting and sharing of text documents of any size or complexion.
- Extensive toolset – Take full control over the text documents.
- Templates – Simplify document creation with customizable and varied template offering.
- Image Formats – Enhance your documents with a wide array of supported image formats.
- WordArt – Transform the text into visual-styled graphic, with highly customized elements such as color, shadows, effects and more.
- Charts - Visualize data and provide greater insight with full support for either original charts or those imported from MS Excel.
- Macros – Automate and enhance workflow by taking full advantage of the powerful macros support.
- AutoSumarize – Automatically highlight passages that are considered valuable.
- Multi-user collaboration – Seamless online integration with Office 365 suite allows easy file sharing and real-time collaboration.
- Support for add-ons – Enhance the capabilities of the base MS Word editor with numerous external add-ons.
Note: 5 days trial version.
Also Available: Download Microsoft Word for Windows
Normally you would link to files on a Mac in word using using the syntax 'file:///Users/Path/Filename.txt'
I would think that you would need to create a Mac user link and a PC user link in your document as the two are not interchangeable.
Microsoft Word Hyperlink Within Document
NB, remember that on a Mac if your file path has spaces in it you need to escape the line by using an extra backslash where there is a space e.g:
file:///Users/My Files/File 01.txt
*Edited to correct syntax error as pointed out belowEdited Aug 22, 2018 at 10:34 UTC